When you come back to school you may miss home cooked meals. Fast food isn’t the same and can get old quickly. Luckily, Big Rapids does have many places to grab a meal to-go, or dine in for a change of scenery.
Many of the restaurants are also local to only Big Rapids and/or surrounding areas. You can find a fresh cooked breakfast, lunch, or dinner anywhere below:
1. Schuberg’s Bar & Grill: Schuberg’s is an American restaurant known for serving up delicious, juicy burgers. The restaurant is home of “The Big “Schu”, a 12oz burger served with all the toppings. If you’re looking for a good sandwich and a beer, this is the place to be. Don’t forget to grab some popcorn to tide yourself over before your meal.
2. Raven Brewing & BBQ: The Raven offers their own house-brewed craft beer as well as Texas style slow smoked barbecue. You can choose from huge BBQ plates, pulled pork sandwiches, amazing smokehouse mac & cheese, and more. You can also get jalapeño corn bread as a side.
3. Crankers Restaurant & Brewery: Crankers is a great family-run business. This microbrewery serves all types of locals IPAs and other brews on tap. The restaurant also has breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a wide selection of options.
4. Alamode Cafe: Alamode is only open from 7am to 3pm but it is worth the possible early morning. If you’re a breakfast lover, this one’s for you. Omelets, pancakes, French toast, and platters. This place really has it all. Let’s not forget Alamode also serves mimosas.
5. El Burrito Loco: Prepare yourself for huge servings and endless chips and salsa, or ask for queso if you’re in the mood for something cheesy. El Burrito is known for its authentic Mexican cuisine.
6. Gypsy Nickel Lounge: Gypsy offers a variety of your normal menu items along with unique items all made to order. There is also a wide array of liquor and 15 craft beers on tap. Gypsy has karaoke on Friday and Saturday nights so you can take your roommates out for a fun weekend. You can also receive a free entree on your birthday.
7. Bernie’s Place: For over 43 years Bernie’s has been selling fresh brewed coffee, baked goods, pizza, and sandwiches to the Big Rapids community. They have a huge selection of any kind of donut you could want. They also offer coffee punch cards for frequent customers.