Staff Spotlight

Jasmine Baar, Culture Reporter

Greetings Torch readers! My name is Jasmine Baar. This is my first semester working for the Torch as a culture reporter and my second year here at Ferris. 

Chasing articles, meeting new people and getting to share the stories that happen on campus is a new found love the Torch gave to me. I am majoring in communications with a minor in journalism. Growing up, I always loved watching and reading the news about civil injustices and climate change, which are some topics I am passionate about. In the future I hope to work in the news, writing and reporting across the globe. 

In my free time I listen to the National Public Radio. I find it extremely important to stay up to date on the news, politics, science and health and arts and music.

I am from a tiny town called Holly, Mich. I was a part of my high school’s yearbook, and by senior year I was promoted to editor in chief. I enjoy spending time outdoors and collecting rocks. On a warm day you can find me reading in my hammock. I love music, but who doesn’t? My favorite band is Sublime. One fun fact about me is that I’m a vegetarian, and I haven’t eaten meat in about four years. I look forward to growing my skills with my time in the Torch and sharing the events and stories that take place at Ferris. Go Bulldogs!